Council 94 wages a vigorous lobbying program annually by:
- Submitting and supporting legislation that enhances the quality of services we provide to the public.
- Identifying and opposing legislation that would harm our jobs, collective bargaining rights, retirement security, health care benefits, and our families.
- Analyzing and advocating on our state & municipal budget priorities.
Our primary source of lobbying power comes from our membership. Council 94 members play a role in the legislative process by:
- Contacting municipal elected officials, state representatives, and state senators on the issues that matter most.
- Attending State House lobby Days, school committee and city/town council meetings.
- Testifying on legislation and ordinances.
Click here to see 2007’s Legislative Accomplishments